Case Law › Newfoundland and Labrador
R. v. Vivian, 2019 NLPC 0819A00048
 The accused was charged with two counts of uttering death threats. For the following reasons, I find him guilty.
O’Keefe v. O’Keefe, 2019 NLCA 70
 In an application before the Family Division of the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador, Brenda O’Keefe sought an order for division of matrimonial property, spousal support, and setting aside, in whole or in part, the separation agreement that she signed with Jerome O’Keefe on March 15, 2011. She had independent legal advice before signing the agreement, and her lawyer...
B.B. v. Newfoundland and Labrador English School District, 2019 NLCA 71
 B.B., a teacher employed by the Newfoundland and Labrador English School District, filed a statement of claim against W.P., a teacher also employed by the School District, and against the Board of Trustees. The statement of claim alleges defamation, breach of confidentiality and harassment by W.P., and vicarious liability by the Board of Trustees. The applications judge ordered the
- C.R. v. L.R., 2019 NLCA 67
- Porter Professional Services Inc. v. Tabletop Family Chiropractic Inc., 2019 NLSC 183
L.H.E. v. D.A.E., 2019 NLCA 66
 The Applicant is the Respondent’s sister. She is 7 years his junior. She has alleged that when she was 7 years of age the Respondent sexually assaulted her on two occasions by performing oral sex upon her. In addition, she has alleged that the Respondent continued to sexually assault her until she was 16 years of age. …
- Tucker v. Newfoundland and Labrador (Municipal Affairs), 2019 NLSC 182
- R. v. J.N., 2019 NLCA 65
- Hyland v. Avis, 2019 NLSC 179
- O'Dea Estate (Re), 2019 NLSC 178
- Puddicombe v. Newfoundland and Labrador (Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour - Income and Employment Support Appeal Board), 2019 NLSC 180
- The LeDrew Lumber Company Limited v. R & R Homes Ltd., 2019 NLSC 177
- R. v. Palmer, 2019 NLSC 175
- R. v. G.H., 2019 NLSC 176
- R. v. Pope, 2019 NLSC 173
- Jane Doe (#7) v. Her Majesty in Right of Newfoundland and Labrador, 2019 NLSC 170
- Newfoundland and Labrador Legal Aid Commission (Re), 2019 NLSC 171
- PSC v DC, 2019 NLPC 819PA00059
- R. v. R.P, 2019 NLSC 169
- Walsh v. TRA Company Limited, 2019 NLSC 168
- R. v. Stokes, 2019 NLCA 62
- Walsh v. TRA Company Limited, 2019 NLSC 167
- Hynes v. Snook, 2019 NLCA 61
- B.W. v. CYS, 2019 NLSC 166
- Federation of Newfoundland Indians Inc. v. Benoit, 2019 NLCA 60
- Stoodley v. Stoodley, 2019 NLSC 165
John Doe (G.E.B. #113) v. Canada (Attorney General), 2019 NLCA 59
 This is an application by the appellant to consolidate this matter with another matter currently before this Court, namely, Jane Doe v. M.N., 201801H0081. Jane Doe (who has engaged the same counsel as John Doe) supports the consolidation application. The Attorney General of Canada (Crown), a respondent in both matters, opposes the application.
A.M. v. R.M., 2019 NLCA 58
 This is an application by A.M. seeking to have a Notice of Appeal struck on the basis that hearing the appeal before the matter is completed would result in delay, inconvenience or inefficient use of judicial resources (rule 35 of the Court of Appeal Rules), or alternatively, on the basis that the appeal is without merit (rule 36).
R. v. Roper, 2019 NLSC 163
 Blayne Robert Allan Roper plead guilty to and was convicted of the following three counts set out in an Indictment filed with this Court on February 24, 2017:
Long Harbour Holdings Inc. v. St. John's (City), 2019 NLSC 162
 In the scheme of land development regulation, work on a development is, by law, stayed—stopped—if a regulatory authority’s decision relating to the development is appealed to a municipal board of appeal.