Case Law › Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia (Community Services) v. KM, 2019 NSSC 312
 This decision concerns two children, E and B, who are the children of KM and SH. The son will soon be 14 years old, and the daughter will be 12 years old.
- Veinot v. Veinot, 2019 NSFC 11
- Dumke v. Conrad, 2019 NSSC 310
- J.W. Bird and Company Limited v. Allcrete Restoration Limited, 2019 NSSC 311
- Royal Bank of Canada v. Eastern Infrastructure Inc., 2019 NSSC 297
- Trachevska v. Hayne, 2019 NSCA 79
- R. v. Coburn, 2019 NSPC 49
- R.v. Campbell, 2019 NSPC 44
- C.N. v. W.N., 2019 NSSC 299
- Cape Breton (Regional Municipality) v. Nova Scotia (Attorney General), 2019 NSCA 77
- Layes v. Bowes, 2019 NSSC 298
- Taylor v. Nova Scotia (Attorney General), 2019 NSSC 292
- Theriault (re), 2019 NSSC 300
- R. v. Ruddick, 2019 NSSC 308
- Faulkner v. Hunt, 2019 NSSM 52
- Bourque v. Morrison and Nova Scotia (Attorney General), 2019 NSSC 291
- Vardy v. Vardy, 2019 NSSC 285
- Godbout (re), 2019 NSSC 293
Royal Bank of Canada v. Colorcars Experienced Automobiles Ltd., 2019 NSSC 283
 This is a motion brought by the Royal Bank of Canada ("RBC") requesting that the court grant it an order for security for costs against the defendants/plaintiffs by counterclaim, Colorcars Experienced Automobiles Limited ("Colorcars" or “the Corporate Defendant”) and John T. Early III ("Mr. Early"). I will refer to them collectively as “the defendants”.
- R. v. Melvin, 2019 NSSC 306
- R. v. Melvin, 2019 NSSC 306
- R. v. Williams, 2019 NSPC 48
Nova Scotia (Aboriginal Affairs) v. Pictou Landing First Nation, 2019 NSCA 75
 For over half a century, the pulp mill at Abercrombie Point has discharged fluid effluent into Boat Harbour and emissions into the air. Pictou Landing First Nation is a Mi’kmaw community nearby. It has long complained to the Province that the discharges were toxic. The Provincial Government promised to act. But nothing was done.
Grant v. Halifax Regional Water Commission, 2019 NSSC 281
 In 2000 Ms. Grant purchased a Banook lakefront home on 5 Hume Street in Dartmouth. Nine years later she paid $25,000.00 for 7 Hume Street, a long, narrow vacant lot next door. At the time she knew 7 Hume Street, because of its small size, to be undevelopable.
Cape Breton Ski Club v. Ben Eoin Golf Club Limited, 2019 NSSC 284
 I have detailed the factual background in my May 31, 2019 decision. In response to my decision, I have received Counsel’s written briefs on costs. I have carefully read and considered those submissions.
R. v. Ross and Dawson, 2019 NSSC 275
 In late 2011, file reviews conducted by the procurement office at the Shearwater military base raised concerns about certain contracts awarded respecting the heating plant. Following an investigation known as Operation Aftermath, it emerged that two civilian employees, Wayne Langille and the accused, Bry’n Ross, directed contracts to four companies connected to the co-accused,...
Huphman (re), 2019 NSSC 280
 Mr. Huphman filed for his third bankruptcy on February 16, 2016. At that time, he was the sole registered owner of a piece of land at Brooklyn, Queens County, Nova Scotia. Mrs. Huphman was not on title. Both subsequently made consumer proposals.
- Adam v. Halifax County Condominium Corporation No. 267, 2019 NSSM 54
- Aminzada v. Rahimi, 2019 NSSM 51
- Waisman v. Adams, 2019 NSSM 53