Canadian Caselaw › Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick
R. v. Greene, 2019 NBQB 235
 A tragic fatal collision occurred on Route 776 on Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day in 2018. Derek Patey was killed when his All-Terrain Vehicle (“the ATV”) was struck from behind by a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck (“the truck”). The driver of the truck had left the scene by the time the collision was discovered.
- LEBOUTHILLIER v. PAQUETTE, 2019 NBBR 219
- M.L.M-K. v. A.K., 2019 NBQB 221
- LEBOUTHILLIER v. SISCOE, 2019 NBBR 218
- CASTLE v. NB HOUSING CORPORATION, 2019 NBQB 213
- Ross v. Tourism, Heritage and Culture, 2019 NBQB 208
- Nagle v. R., 2019 NBQB 207
- DOIRON v. CORMIER, 2019 NBBR 197
- K.G.D. and R.W.D. v. M.K. and J.L.D., 2019 NBQB 205
- R. c. Fortin, 2019 NBBR 212
M.M. v. THE MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, 2019 NBQB 196
 The Applicant M.M. (hereinafter the “grandmother”) requests that her application be heard at the same time or immediately after an application filed by the Minister of Social Development (hereinafter the “Minister”). In both proceedings, the custody of a child named K.J.L.J.-M. born on June 30, 2017 (hereinafter the “child K.”) is at stake; the grandmother wishes custody of the child...
- M.M. v. LA MINISTRE DU DÉVELOPPEMENT SOCIAL, 2019 NBBR 196
- TINGLEY v. LE PROCUREUR GÉNÉRAL DU CANADA, 2019 NBBR 179
- R. v. GREENE, 2019 NBQB 195
- TINGLEY v. THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CANADA, 2019 NBQB 179
Atlantic Railway v. Acadia Drywall and Girouard, 2019 NBQB 190
 The Plaintiff, Atlantic Railway Maintenance Inc. (Atlantic Railway) entered into an agreement with the Defendant, Acadia Drywall Supplies Ltd. (Acadia Drywall) to “rectifying and restoring damage sustained at a railway system located at Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, which occurred as a result of a recent derailment”. The location of this derailment is 221 Henry Paint Street, in...
Bridgewater Bank v. MacDonald, 2019 NBQB 185
 This is an action filed under Rule 79 of the Rules of Court, in which the plaintiff, Bridgewater Bank (hereinafter “Bridgewater”), seeks damages against Daniel Joseph MacDonald for deficiencies following a mortgage sale of a property located at 33 Caspian Court, in the City of Moncton.
- Bridgewater Bank c. MacDonald, 2019 NBBR 185
- Levine v. Zed, 2019 NBQB 186
- Levine c. Zed, 2019 NBBR 186
- Ogden v. Lowe, 2019 NBQB 184
Comeau v. Thomas, 2019 NBQB 187
 The Plaintiff, Christina Comeau, brings this motion pursuant to Rule 47.03 of the Rules of Court and Section 265.6 of the Insurance Act, R.S.N.B. 1973, C-12 (the “Act”), seeking an advance payment of special damages resulting from injuries that were allegedly sustained by the Plaintiff in a motor vehicle accident that occurred on January 16, 2011 (the “Accident”). The Defendant does not...
- C.M. v. G.M., 2019 NBQB 182
- N.C. v. L. M.-C., 2019 NBQB 176
Burns v. Allied Realty Ltd. et al, 2019 NBQB 173
 This is an appeal from a decision of an adjudicator in the Small Claims Court. The appeal was required to be conducted by way of a new hearing before this Court (Small Claims Act, Regulation 2012-103, s. 39). I am in complete agreement with the following remarks:
- Burns c. Allied Realty Ltd. et autres, 2019 NBBR 173
A.M. c. R.B., 2019 NBBR 170
 La présente décision formule une demande de la requérante, A.M., dans une motion où elle souhaite la modification des dispositions des ordonnances par consentement du 20 février 2012 et du 9 octobre 2013 rendues en matière de garde, d’accès et pension alimentaire pour enfants. Également, la requérante demande le droit de déménager avec les enfants à Grand-Sault, Nouveau-Brunswick,...
- Driscoll v. Driscoll, 2019 NBQB 167
- Driscoll c. Driscoll, 2019 NBBR 167
FCA Canada v. Roy and O’Donnell, 2019 NBQB 158
 The applicant, FCA Canada Inc. (FCA), brings this application to overturn an award by an arbitrator favourable to the respondents, Natasha Roy (Roy) and Patrick O’Donnell (O’Donnell). There is a Canada-wide program that can be utilized by either vehicle purchasers or the vehicle manufacturers to resolve disputes. The process is a binding one on both parties.