Canadian Caselaw › Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick
- 707600 NB Inc. v. Brannon et al, 2020 NBQB 230
- Rachelle Doucette-Oxley v. District Scolaire Francophone Sud et al., 2020 NBQB 222
- Le Ministre du Développement Sociale c. A.B. et R.K., 2020 NBBR 218
- L.C. v. T.W.E.M., 2020 NBQB 217
Flewelling v. Horizon Health Network, 2020 NBQB 211
 This is a decision in the matter of a Referral pursuant to Section 65(1) of the Right to Information and Protection Privacy Act (New Brunswick) (the “Act”) by Ms. Chandra Flewelling. Under the Referral, Ms. Flewelling seeks disclosure from Regional Health Authority B, doing business as Horizon Health Network (“Horizon”), of a January 9, 2019 Investigation Report prepared by Resonance Inc.
Rodrique Levesque et al v. Syngenta Canada Inc. et al, 2020 NBQB 209
 By Notice of Motion, the Applicant seeks an order to strike the Statement of Defence filed by Syngenta. Alternatively, the Applicant seeks an order directing that a date be set for the continuation of the examination for discovery of Syngenta. No relief was sought against the Defendant Grand Falls Agromart. Nevertheless, counsel for Agromart was a participant in the hearing of the...
- HMQ v. M, 2020 NBQB 214
- D.M.B. v. J.J.B., 2020 NBQB 210
- Minister of Social Development v. A.M. et al, 2020 NBQB 208
- Brian Jamieson v. Her Majesty the Queen, 2020 NBQB 194
- Michelle Manson v. Her Majesty the Queen, 2020 NBQB 195
R v Strowbridge, 2020 NBQB 193
 Mr. Strowbridge has entered a plea of guilty to the following charges:
- Brian Jamieson c. Sa Majesté la Reine, 2020 NBBR 194
- Michelle Manson c. Sa Majesté la Reine, 2020 NBBR 195
- HAMEL v. HAMEL, 2020 NBQB 207
- M.J.M v. J.C.M., 2020 NBQB 190
- Eveliegh c. City of Fredericton, 2020 NBBR 189
Eveliegh v. City of Fredericton, 2020 NBQB 189
 This is a motion by the plaintiff seeking an order pursuant to Rule 3.02 of the Rules of Court to extend the time for service of a Notice of Action with Statement of Claim Attached beyond the six-month period prescribed by Rule 16.08.
- William J. McNichol v. Cooperators General Insurance Company, 2020 NBQB 188
- MSD v. A.B. and C.D., 2020 NBQB 185
HB Construction v. Potash Corporation et al, 2020 NBQB 180
 The plaintiff in these actions, formerly known as Comstock Canada Ltd., (referred to in this Decision as “Comstock”) was a contractor on a construction project owned by the defendant, Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (referred to as “PCS”). The defendant Wood Group Limited, formerly AMEC Americas Limited, (referred to as “AMEC”) was the engineer responsible for the design and contract...
- Jardine c. Phoenix Petroleum, 2020 NBBR 172
- THE MINISTER OF FAMILIES AND CHILDREN v. L.H. and T.W., 2020 NBQB 186
Jardine v. Phoenix Petroleum, 2020 NBQB 172
 This is a motion for summary judgment brought by the plaintiff, Kirk Jardine, who, in the underlying action is suing his former employer, the defendant Phoenix Petroleum Ltd., (“Phoenix”), for damages for wrongful dismissal. He worked for Phoenix from March 28, 2005 until he was dismissed on February 5, 2019.
- A.R. v. S.C., W.C., 2020 NBBR 179
- A.R. v. S.C., W.C., 2020 NBQB 179
- MSD v. E.C. and M.L., 2020 NBQB 176
- Blackburn c. Scotia-Vie, Compagnie d’assurance et autres, 2020 NBBR 177
Blackburn v Scotia Life Insurance et al, 2020 NBQB 177
 Terrence E. Blackburn died on January 25, 2017 at age 72 due to pulmonary respiratory and renal failures following a fall which fractured his right hip. At the time of his death Mr. Blackburn held various accidental death insurance policies with the defendants for which the plaintiff, his widow, was the named beneficiary. The defendants denied the plaintiff’s...
- LEGER v. SA MAJESTÉ LA REINE, 2020 NBBR 175