Canadian Caselaw › Superior Court of Justice of Ontario
250 Bridgeland Realty Inc. v. Ontario (Min. Transportation), 2019 ONSC 6053
 The applicant owns a one-storey industrial building at 248-250 Bridgeland Avenue which backs onto Highway 401 near the Yorkdale Shopping Mall in Toronto (the “Building”). The applicant has a sign atop the Building (the “Sign”) currently advertising personal injury litigation services for Diamond & Diamond LLP.
Yohndo v. Ontario (A.G.) et al., 2019 ONSC 6077
 This case involves a civil action by parents who were charged criminally with abusing their children and who now have brought claims against the police and Crown officials responsible for those charges. The question before me is whether those claims should be dismissed or sustained on summary judgment, or whether those claims are justified in moving forward to a trial, based on the...
Milner Investors Inc. v. Eisen et al, 2019 ONSC 5911
 This application arises out of a third mortgage that the applicant held on a property known as 189-195 Milner Ave. in Toronto.
Dainov v. Lee, 2019 ONSC 5993
 On December 26, 2013 the plaintiff and the defendant were involved in a car accident at the corner of Steeles Avenue and New Westminster Dr. in Toronto at approximately 6:30 PM. It was dark when the accident occurred. In addition, the traffic lights at the intersection were not operating. The damage to the vehicles appears to have been relatively minor. Neither police nor...
- R. v. Kakekagumick, 2019 ONSC 6008
- Markham Stouffville Hospital (Uxbridge Site) v. CUPE, Local 1999, 2019 ONSC 5373
- Scaduto v. WSIAT, 2019 ONSC 6007
- Malik v. Malik, 2019 ONSC 5959
Duncan v. Buckles et al., 2019 ONSC 6003
 In my Endorsement in this matter, released on September 27, 2019, I requested costs submissions from Ms. Duncan and Mr. Lepp, which I have now received.
Robichaud et al. v. Constantinidis et al, 2019 ONSC 6030
 In the course of this personal injury trial arising from a motor vehicle accident that occurred on November 7, 2012, the plaintiff sought to call Dr. Stephen Brown and have him qualified as an expert witness on the diagnosis and treatment of chronic pain in order to give opinion evidence on the nature and extent of the plaintiff’s pain, its causes, evolution and how it interferes...
Robichaud et al. v. Constantinidis et al., 2019 ONSC 5995
 After the jury retired to consider its verdict in this personal injury motor vehicle matter, the defendant brought a “threshold” motion, arguing that the plaintiff’s claim for non-pecuniary damages and health care expenses is barred on the basis that her injuries do not fall within the exceptions to the statutory immunity provided for in s. 267.5(3) and (5) of the Insurance Act,...
- R. v. Corda, 2019 ONSC 5534
- CAS v. C.N. and H.C., 2019 ONSC 5915
- R. v. Clarke, 2019 ONSC 5868
- Canadian Western Trust Company v. 1324789 Ontario Inc., 2019 ONSC 5948
- Sosnowski v. MacEwen Petroleum Inc., 2019 ONSC 5885
- Kumurdjieva v Cerasuolo, 2019 ONSC 5949
- R. v. Cuthbertson, 2019 ONSC 5808
- Morden v. Kelly, 2019 ONSC 5932
- Steinfeld v. Koenigsberg, 2019 ONSC 5996
- Haikola v. The Personal Insurance Company, 2019 ONSC 5982
Lumsden et al. v. The Toronto Police Services Board et al., 2019 ONSC 5953
 In reasons released on September 11, 2019, I granted judgement for the defendants in accordance with a settlement which I found to be binding. At the conclusion of my reasons, I found that the defendants were entitled to costs of this motion, if demanded, and said that submissions could be made to me as to quantum, if necessary.
- Desai v. Desai, 2019 ONSC 5848
- Reilly v. Priest, 2019 ONSC 5902
- Pourshian v. Walt Disney Company, 2019 ONSC 5916
- R. v. Tewolde, 2019 ONSC 5788
- Jocich and Hough v. Apollo, 2019 ONSC 5954
- R. v. R.K., 2019 ONSC 5877
- Marinic Estate v. Garner, 2019 ONSC 5771
- Wright v. Garner, 2019 ONSC 5837