Business achievement was recognized by the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce on Jan. 26.
Twenty-three businesses and individuals were given Outstanding Business Achievement Awards based on their contributions to the business community.
* Safe Work, Sound Business Award: PUC Services Inc.
* Employer of the Year Award: Superior Chrysler
* Customer First Award (individual): Nick Collins, Wardlaw Heating & Cooling Ltd.
* Diversity Award: Algoma University
* Community First Award (up to 9 employees): Downtown Association
* Community First Award (10-25 employees): Chippewa Trading Post
* Community First Award (26+ employees): Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation
* Innovation Award: Insightworks Training and Technology
* Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Jane McGoldrick (J.Caroline's)
* Downtown Business of the Year: SK Group
* Beyond Borders (up to 49 employees): Soo Foundry & Machine (1980) Ltd.
* Beyond Borders (50+ employees): McDougall Energy Inc.
* Customer First Award: Downtown Association
* Indigenous Business of the Year: Nogdawindamin Family and Community Services
* Community Non-profit Business of the Year: United Way Sault Ste. Marie & Algoma District
* Rising Star New Business Award: Trimount Construction Group Inc.
* Leader in Accessibility: Sault Ste. Marie Airport Development Corporation
* Business of the Year (up to nine employees): Northstar Consulting Inc.
* Business of the Year (10-25 employees): Rico's/Good...