Sources in this library
- Superior Court of Justice of Ontario (59844)
- Supreme Court of British Columbia (52014)
- Federal Court (36223)
- Supreme Court of Canada (26000)
- Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta (25100)
- Ontario Court of Appeal (21667)
- Court of Queen's Bench for Saskatchewan (17209)
- Court of Appeal of British Columbia (16610)
- Supreme Court of Nova Scotia (14887)
- Court of Queen's Bench of New Brunswick (12714)
- Arabambi v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 98
 This is an application under s 72(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, SC 2001, c 27 [IRPA], for judicial review of the decision of the Refugee Protection Division of the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada [RPD], dated November 14, 2018 [Decision], denying the Applicants’ refugee and person in need of protection claims under ss 96 and 97 of the IRPA.
- Rendon Segovia v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 99
 In this judicial review, the Applicants, a family of four from Mexico, challenge the refusal of their refugee claim appeal. After having read their submissions, and then upon hearing oral arguments, Applicants’ counsel persuaded me that reviewable errors occurred, which require me to send this appeal back to the tribunal for redetermination. I advised the parties that written reasons would follow. These are the reasons promised.
- Qureshi v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 88
 The applicant is a citizen of Pakistan. She was born there in 1943. She lived in the United States from 1998 until 2009 but she has lived in Canada since February 2009.
- L.A.A. v. W.J.V., 2020 NBCA 1
- Abolupe v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 90
 This is the judicial review of a decision by the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, Refugee Appeal Division (RAD), dated April 29, 2019, confirming the decision of the Refugee Protection Division (RPD), pursuant to s 111(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, SC 2001, c 27 (IRPA), and concluding that the Applicant is neither a Convention Refugee nor person in need of protection pursuant to ss 96 and 97 of IRPA, respectively.
- Ebrahimshani v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 89
 This is an application for judicial review of a decision by a visa officer with the Visa Section of the Embassy of Canada in Warsaw, Poland, denying the Applicant’s application, pursuant to s 100(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, SOR/2002-227 (IRP Regs), for permanent residence in the self-employed persons class.
- Calle Henao v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2020 FC 84
 The principal applicant, Eliana Maria Calle Henao, and her minor daughter are citizens of Colombia. They claim to have a well-founded fear of persecution in Colombia by the Urabeños, a neo-paramilitary group that is heavily involved in drug trafficking. The group allegedly attempted to extort money from the principal applicant’s ex-husband’s parents. When her former in-laws did not pay up as demanded, they were murdered in July 2017 in their home in Cartago. The group then turned its attention to the principal applicant, her ex-husband and their daughter.
- Wallbridge v. Brunning, 2020 ONSC 215
- Rathwell-Howland v Howland, 2020 ONSC 390
- Asfar v. Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada, 2020 ONCA 31