Case Law › Court of Queen's Bench for Saskatchewan
R. v. Dorion, 2019 SKQB 266
 The right to be tried by a jury of one’s peers is one of the cornerstones of our criminal justice system. It is enshrined in two provisions of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms – the s. 11(d) right to a fair trial by an impartial tribunal and the s. 11(f) right to a trial by jury. Yet despite the importance of this right, this is the first time the Court has been called upon to...
- Carry The Kettle First Nation v Gray-Bellegarde, 2019 SKQB 248
- BOHACHEWSKI ESTATE v. BOHACHEWSKI, 2019 SKQB 247
- 7-ELEVEN CANADA INC. v. BLS ASPHALT INC., 2019 SKQB 246
- Laliberte v R, 2019 SKQB 244
- Brent Gedak Welding Ltd. v Maverick Oilfield Services Ltd., 2019 SKQB 243
- Deren v Saskpower, 2019 SKQB 242
- BIHARI v. BIHARI, 2019 SKQB 240
- R. v. Kleven, 2019 SKQB 238
- R. v. R.C., 2019 SKQB 241
- Business Development Bank of Canada v Beckerland Farms Inc., 2019 SKQB 239
- Royal Bank of Canada v Sharma, 2019 SKQB 237
- Henry Lunn (City Bobcat Services) v Saskatchewan, 2019 SKQB 235
- United Food And Commercial Workers, Local 1400 v Affinity Credit Union, 2019 SKQB 236
- WALKER v. WALKER, 2019 SKQB 232
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company v Saskatchewan, 2019 SKQB 233
- BOROWSKI v. R., 2019 SKQB 230
- R. v. McNab, 2019 SKQB 234
- L.C.R. v I.J.E.R., 2019 SKQB 229
- 101133912 Saskatchewan Ltd. (Hybrid Construction) v First Care Medical Management Inc., 2019 SKQB 231
R. v. GOODPIPE, 2019 SKQB 221
 On March 29, 2016, Elwin Michael Goodpipe and Jerid Azure decided to rob Andre Aubertin in his home. Mr. Aubertin died in the course of the robbery. On May 1, 2018, Mr. Goodpipe was convicted of manslaughter in the death of Mr. Aubertin, after a trial by jury.
KYRYLCHUK v. COX, 2019 SKQB 214
 This application is the third judicial intervention in the estate of Michal Kyrylchuk. Michal died July 4, 2015, 89 years old, unmarried and without children, but with several siblings and nieces and nephews.
SIWAK v. RED RIVER VALLEY MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY,, 2019 SKQB 226
 On June 26, 2012, a storm extensively damaged the home, outbuildings and personal contents of the plaintiffs, Benjamin Siwak and Susan Siwak [the Siwaks]. The Siwaks then issued a statement of claim against the defendant, Red River Valley Mutual Insurance Company [Red River], their insurer, on June 23, 2014. They are seeking an order for specific performance...
- OLUMIDE v. SASKATCHEWAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION, 2019 SKQB 227
- Conexus Credit Union 2005 v Fink, 2019 SKQB 228
- R. v. Winsley, 2019 SKQB 218
SEYKORA v. RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF LAKE LENORE #399, 2019 SKQB 225
 The plaintiff, Mr. Seykora, was hired by the defendant, the Rural Municipality of Lake Lenore #399 [RM], as a grader operator in March 2006. His duties as a grader operator in the summer months included spreading gravel on the roads, grading and maintaining roads. In the winter, Mr. Seykora primarily cleared snow and worked on equipment. Mr. Seykora took direction from the...
- BORLAND v. BORLAND, 2019 SKQB 220
HILL TOP MANOR LTD. v. TYCO INTEGRATED FIRE AND SECURITY CANADA, INC., 2019 SKQB 223
 The defendant (“Tyco”) applies for an order striking out this action on the basis that the plaintiff (“Hill Top”) commenced the action after expiration of the relevant limitation period.
FLEURY v. ENSIGN ENERGY SERVICES INC., 2019 SKQB 222
 The plaintiff, a derrick hand, had been in the employ of the defendant off and on since approximately 1990. The plaintiff would work when work was available and was given a record of employment when his rig was shut down which occurred regularly.